I’m always up for a challenge, as you will see in the homes that I have rehabbed.
The following is what I did for a contest, just for fun!
After browsing a Goodwill store, I found inspiration in some shelf brackets, then I searched 2 more stores within a few miles of my home to find the rest of the items to make my vision come to life.
If you like contests/riddles…try this:
What do you get when you meld together:
- 4 shelf brackets
- a utensil lazy-susan block (broken down to the useful section)
- a plate holder (ditch the ugly plate)
- an iced tea recipe book (torn apart and altered)
- a few decorative candle holders (disassembled/re-shapen)
- 9 various crystal tea cups; sugar & creamer; tiny bud vase and a walking cane?
- 75% of the contestant’s “upcycled item” must be from any of our participating Goodwill Store & Donation Centers. (Everything I used, except the spray paint glue and hardware, came from Goodwill).
- Purchase an item from Goodwill Industries …to create a completely different item, with a completely different purpose.
- submitted between March 14, 2016 – March 27, 2016
Here are the items I collected:
I went back and bought the 2nd orange beaded candle holder ^ I had seen the day before. As my piece evolved, I am glad I had more “branches”.
(slightly out of order, but you get the idea)
Here is what I made:
a candle chandelier to hang from a tree branch or a hook for outdoor lighting.
If you like what I did, I would appreciate your votes!
- Fan voting will run March 28, 2016 – April 10, 2016 (closing at 11:59 p.m. on April 10, 2016).
- A photo of each entry will appear on this site for voting on March 28, 2016 by noon.
To vote for a photo, you’ll select “vote” beneath the specific photo.
- Each person may only cast their vote once per entry, per day
- Due to the high number of entries, the photos for voting will appear in a random order on multiple pages
When voting, please be sure to view all of the entries, so that you don’t miss out on any of the unique and talented entries!
Thanks! That was fun!
If you want to see more of this kind of story & don’t see the FOLLOW button, try clicking top right…