We had already added the final updates to the kitchen (the previous owner gave us a good head start). We already refinished the wood floors (lucky that they were under the carpet. There was a powder room on the first floor (no need to add a bathroom).
So what was left to do? the bathroom
This bathroom was ugly!
- Replace rotting window with glass block
- Retile the tub surround with new white tile and “sizzle” strips of lapis blue
- Replace vinyl floor with new ceramic tile with lapis blue accents
- Replace big brown vanity with a space saving pedestal
- Change out the trisection medicine cabinet
- Resurface the tub
I added a swag of white fabric to soften the space held up with napkin holders tacked to the wall with a nail.
I asked John to add a shelf for me to hold my collection of blue and then I painted some art to add a little more color to the white walls. Note where we stored the hair dryer.
People often are afraid of pedestal sinks for the lack of storage.
You just need to think outside of the box!
I’d be happy to share more of my rehabbing projects with you. If you don’t see the FOLLOW button, try clicking top right…